Affiliations: Solo D10, Buddy D6, Team D8
Distinctions: Hedonist; Other Venus; Secret Past
GODDESS OF LOVE: Mind Control D10, Shapeshift D6, Swimming D6
- SFX—Area Attack: When using Mind Control, may target multiple opponents. For each additional target, add D6 and keep +1 effect die.
- SFX—Immortal: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications caused by aging, disease, poison, radiation or vacuum.
- SFX—Siren Song: Add D6 and step up your effect die when using Mind Control to inflict persuasion- based complications.
- Limit—Must Be Heard: When silenced, shut down Mind Control to earn 1 PP.
Specialties: Crime Expert D8, Psych Expert D8
Venus was posted in the previous incarnation of this site. Any changes made were pretty minor. I gave her Shapeshift D6 to reflect her ability to make minor cosmetic changes. And I added Crime Expert D8 to her specialties to reflect her experience as a member of the Agents of Atlas. Not sure yet what to do about her Milestone . . . .
Affiliations: Solo D10, Buddy D8, Team D6
Distinctions: Crush Kill Destroy!; Strong But Silent Type; Weird Science
ROBOTIC BODY: Cybernetic Senses D6, Godlike Stamina D12, Heat Ray D10, Stretching D8, Superhuman Durability D10, Superhuman Strength D10
- SFX–Area Attack: If your dice pool includes Stretching power, may attack multiple targets. For each additional target, add D6 and keep +1 effect die.
- SFX–Electrify: On reaction against close-combat physical attack, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no cost. Spend 1 PP to step it up.
- SFX–Immunity: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or complications from sources that only affect organic lifeforms.
- SFX–Self-Repair: Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma.
- Limit–System Failure: Shut down any Robotic Body power to earn 1 PP. Activate opportunity or participate in transition scene to recover that power.
Specialties: Menace Expert D8
– – – – –
M-11 was posted in the previous incarnation of this site. He is the tank of the team.
For me, the challenge in creating him was both in getting his powers right and in maintaining game balance. I downgraded his Heat Ray to D10, but upgraded his Stamina to D12 (to match the Vision YR126). I had considered giving him both Area Attack and Multipower SFX — but decided they were too much together. I had originally written up the Self-Repair SFX to be similar to the Second Wind SFX — but changed it to more resemble the Fast Healing SFX (to match Wolverine BR96), which seemed to me to better represent the power as depicted in the comic.
Next: And now for me to work on his Secret Program milestone! Stay tuned.
Namora: Aquaria Neptuna [secret]
Affiliations: Solo D6, Buddy D10, Team D8
Distinctions: Atlantean Royalty; Human-Atlantean Hybrid; Loyal Friend
AQUATIC MUTANT: Enhanced Reflexes D8, Flight D6, Superhuman Durability D10, Superhuman Stamina D10, Superhuman Strength D10, Swimming D8
- SFX–Beserk: Add DD to your next attack action. After your action, step it up and return to Doom Pool.
- SFX–Quick to Anger: Step up or double any Aquatic Mutant power for single action. If action fails, add die to Doom Pool equal to normal rating of that power.
- SFX–In Her Element: Before you take action including any Aquatic Mutant power while underwater, you may move your physical stress to Doom Pool and step up Aquatic Mutant power for this action.
- SFX–Mighty Fortitude: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications caused by aging, disease, poison, radiation or vacuum.
- Limit–Mutant: When affected by mutant- specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.
- Limit–Need … Water … Now: Step back your Superhuman Strength power to earn 1 PP. Immerse yourself in water to recover power.
Specialties: Combat Expert D8, Crime Expert D8, Menace Expert D8, Psych Expert D8
– – – – –
Namora is presented slightly weaker version of the Sub-Mariner, found in Civil War CW 208. The changes I made were in her Affiliations, Distinctions, Strength trait and her Specialties. In general, I tried to make her more of a team player than her cousin. Her Strength is rated lower in the unofficial Marvel Wiki. For her specialties, I swapped out Business Expert for Crime Expert — to better reflect her time with the Atlas Foundation criminal syndicate. (I will be posting Milestones separate from Player Datafiles.)
More later. Stay tuned.
Derek Khanata: He couldn’t work with any of you ever again … at least not in an official capacity. I suppose you could open a hot dog stand together, but never work for the government.
Gorilla Man (Ken Hale): That would be one kick-ass hot dog stand.
One of my favorite quotes. Yes, I have started re-reading my Agents of Atlas graphic novels: which include Agents of Atlas, Dark Reign and Turf Wars. (At present, I haven’t yet read and don’t won Versus or Return of 3-D Man.) They are truly an oddball team, but one that is actually, really tight. And the comic has a self-ironic, retro-cool feel to it. My first exposure to them was almost accidental — incidental to my reading up on Civil War and its aftermath, via my Marvel Unlimited online subscription. (It was Dark Reign, and they were committing a bank robbery of the gold reserves at Fort Knox. I was immediately sold.)
Before I discontinued the blog, I had posted datafiles for both Venus and M-11. My plan is to revise those datafiles and present the team in their entirety. This will involve creating both team and individual milestones. Until then, stay tuned.